Water in the footwell! Again!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

minio
B7
Passat model: B6 SE WAGON

Water in the footwell! Again!

Post by minio »

Hi,

Before I have decided to post up a question I have performed a search that came back with tonnes of unanswered threads or different (misleading?) ideas and information, but nothing clear.

Before I go further with explaining the issue let me tell you that warning lights, errors amber lights on the dash all are things that i CAN NOT live with and all need to be addressed asap.

Some 2-3 weeks ago my oil burner came up with the air bag error which I though could have something to do with new (used recovered unit) steering wheel that was fitted not that long time ago. I went to see my mate mechanic in order to clear all the errors and check the steering wheel air bag. Straight after we plugged in the computer it became apparent that the steering wheel had nothing to do with it. The error was caused by passenger side crash sensors, and not only one but two or three of them!

I was puzzled :-?

My mate said that most probably the airbag module was the fault, as I have gone over a nasty speed hump the night before and as the car hit the hump quite badly I though that there could be a bad connection or something? We agreed to meet one day and take a look at it. We did so few days ago. There was no obvious damage or bad connections so we put the whole centre console back together, cleared all the errors and voila! All errors cleared and nothing came up back again!

...until yesterday!

And now I need your help, it is obvious (to me, but I might be wrong) that it must have been a coincidence that the errors cleared at the time and the source of the issue must lay somewhere else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg
Last edited by minio on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Visit Our Website: www.ZacneWheels.com
Zacne Wheels on Instagram: @zacnewheels

This topic has 56 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login