What Gearbox Oil for my 1.9tdi PD 5 speed?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

wingz123
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5 110 TDi

What Gearbox Oil for my 1.9tdi PD 5 speed?

Post by wingz123 »

Car has nearly 240k on it and is getting a little difficult to put into first...

Took me 4 hours driving out of London the other night because they had closed the M4 J1-J3 and traffic was horrendous all through Chelsea, Hammersmith Flyover etc. and was literally bumper to bumper...

It was a little difficult to get the car into 1st and I would have to lift my foot right off the clutch and then engage again to get it in....Sometimes this wouldn't work and I had to do it twice....other times it went in fine...

What is the problem here do you think? Do you reckon it could be need a fluid/oil change as the car has done 240k and there is nothing in the history to suggest this has been done before...

Or does this sound like a more serious problem? I must add.....all other gears are fine but the gearbox does feel a bit notchy...again maybe it does need an oil change but would greatly appreciate your thoughts guys!

thanks,

James
UPDATE!! -I now have access to over 90 vans direct from one of the leading leasing companies - Just ask! - Relays,Sprinters,Caddy's,Transits etc.

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login