worn belt??

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bauer
B3
Passat model: b5 afn remapped

worn belt??

Post by bauer »

I had all my belts cha its the nged a few weeks back and have noticed recently that im getting a lot of noise coming from the front of the block ,squeeling so after further investigating i noticed one of the belts (the main aux belt is wearing through on half the diameter bigtime!! i thought it could be a deffective belt but after seeing it with the engine running i can see the exra tension from a new belt has pulled the drivebelt tensioner off centre and at a guess the bearings are shot!! so after much shopping around and getting quotes fro around the £80 mark!! i sourced 1 from wilco for £30,along with a new belt thrown in (bargin!!!) basically im saving every penny 2wards a holiday in a month or 2 so im gonna attemp it myself but im hardly mr competant when it comes to things mechanical! anyway i have a haynes to refer to and the tbh once the bumpers off the lock carrier seems easy to remove but we shall see!!! the other bonus is its been off recently so no rusty nuts/bolts to worry bout and it should come easy (famous last words!!)
Any advice on doin this repair? any tips? Its the wheel sitting next to the viscous fan pulley,i need to get to and obviously fit a new belt aswell

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login