Bought a clocked Passat

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

joe406
Passat model: B5.5

Bought a clocked Passat

Post by joe406 »

I have just bought a 2003 Passat with 'genuine' mileage of 96k on the clock. I took this to be true and it had all previous MOT's bar one and a fully stamped service book.

However, I have been trying to get service receipts for the car from the VW dealers it was supposedly done at, with them stating it was done at a different dealer etc etc.

I then tracked down where it was actually serviced at VW and they e-mailed me a service print out where I found out it had done 130k by the end of 2007! I bought it off a private owner who had the car for 3 years, with another owner before him who kept it for a year, the car was obviously clocked somewhere between end of 07 and middle of 08.

I feel stupid because I went off the service history and previous MOT's and didnt do the online VOSA check. The car itself drives beautifully and feels like new, trouble is, for all I know it could've done 230k by now, but it has been serviced correctly throughout it's life. I cant prove who clocked it, but I would like to know it's actual mileage and whether you guys would keep the car if its in decent cosmetic and mechanical condition or whether you would get rid of it?

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login