Passat estate Load cover collapse

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

aeo3
B1
Passat model: B5.5 Sport TDI

Passat estate Load cover collapse

Post by aeo3 »

Hi all, this is my first post on this site. Joined up a few month ago when I bought my Passat estate.

Just been browsing the site really, lookin at members rides etc, Some really cool cars on here n saw a few at ultimate dubs last year.

Anyway, I was driving along on my way home from work last night when heard a weird noise from the back of the car, and it turns out the load cover has lost it's tension? As I say I was only driving along and bang it went. Don't know why as I don't really use the boot. Took the cover out today and can't see what's gone or what's wrong with it and there isn't any parts in the boot. Can't even roll the thing up because it's so saggy. And no one likes saggy things! Had a look on eBay and used ones are around £50 ish.. Does anyone know what could of happened and how to sort it without buying another?

Thanks,

Andy

This topic has 32 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login