Air bag light on.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dvhttn
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 PD130 Sport

Air bag light on.

Post by dvhttn »

Right. My air bag light has been on for a while. I can clear it with the VCDS-lite SW I have but it come straight back on. I've broken/re-made the underseat connections with no change. I have NO water ingress issues so I'm thinking it's the steering column electrical connections. Before I take the steering wheel off is there any one thing more likely to be the cause than anything else? That is, should I get a clock spring, say, before so I could just replace it then not have to do it again?

Also, looked in Haynes and just wondered if there was anything they said that was incorrect/incomplete? Anything to watch for? They say, roughly, battery disconnected, air bag out, wheel off then you get at the electrical bits. Keep the yellow dot visible through the hole and mark the spline nut before removing. On refitting, ignition on BEFORE reconnecting the battery. Does this sound reasonable?

Can't remember exactly what the code was and it's not easy to check quickly before I do the work. Just wanted to get some 'top tips' before |I do the work :D As I have the MOT this week I may get side-tracked first into something more urgent .....

Cheers
-----
Dave
Carpe diem ....

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login