Please for the love of Passat's HELP ME!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Richard1hammond
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

Please for the love of Passat's HELP ME!

Post by Richard1hammond »

I am ant the end of my tether with my passat! I have had it off the road for the last 7 months, be doing loads on winter modding! :D :D :D But the summer is dare i say here, and my passat is still off the road as i have been having sooooo many hold ups. :evil: :evil:
But the one that is causing me the most grief atm is warning lights!
Right i have got the coil with "engine work shop"" flashing up and a beep
Then hear is wear it gets a bit odd then when you turn the headlights on the traction control light comes on and the ABS light. But it doent always come on?
I have pluged it in to VAG Com freeware and it was give a fault with the ABS sensor, and the brake switch.
I have read about the brake switch being a problem and i had taken it in and out a few times (for other reasons when i broke the pedal trying to get the rubbers off lol) so i went to VW and got a new one.
And the abs sensor was dirty so given it a clean up.
Plug Vag com in a cleared the codes.
Restarted the car and all the waring light come back on!!
Pluged vagcom back in and not got any of the same codes got one for a possable intermit-ant bad ground with the engine fan?????
And then i fired it up again and it was running like a bag of poop, the car was shaking side to side!! gave it a rev and i stalled its self. then started it again and it was fine???? WTF?
Please please help me!
signiture by Richard Hammond, on Flickr

Coming back on the Road Soon! after winter modding! ; )

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login