CarPC Install Thread (56K Watchout) - Now Completed

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ldavies93
B5

CarPC Install Thread (56K Watchout) - Now Completed

Post by ldavies93 »

I've got a HP e-Vectra arriving as well as a 4 channel amp (looking to replace the HU completely) and have been playing with RoadRunner/Digital FX as a frontend - all looks really nice! Just wondered if anyone has advice on placement of equipment, power, etc

One thing I intend on doing is placing the E-Vectra in the side panel where the CD Changer lives at the moment (have a estate), plenty of ventilation and access to back panels etc! Still gotta find room for the amp though.

My main goal is to have something that can be lifted out of this car and put into another relatively easily (IE no cutting of fascia equipment)

I'm trawling through mp3car.com getting as much knowledge as I can just wondered if I can learn off others who may have already done this?

Or am I the guinea pig :)

Of course I'm happy to post pics of work as it gets along.
Last edited by ldavies93 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
2000 B5 Estate TDI 110 SE - AFN Engine
Cruise Control Retrofit, 5.5 Immo3 FIS Cluster Install, OEM B5 Variant Spoiler,
Debadged up front, Variant Spoiler, Upsoluted, HIDs, 16" Syncro Alloys & CarPC Mk2 :D
CarPC Install - with pics/vids
VagCom Locator
Hopefully ASR Retrofit - Can you Help??

This topic has 43 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login