Detective Work - Help needed - has my B5.5 been chipped?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ShynSingh
Passat model: B5.5

Detective Work - Help needed - has my B5.5 been chipped?

Post by ShynSingh »

Hi all,

SORRY if this sounds silly, I am new to Passats (just got a B5.5 end of November this year)

Apologies for the newbie speak, I need some help in working out whether the car has been "re-tuned" or chipped.

I am still getting used to driving the car, I use it for tootling around locally (wife and kids etc), I noticed that it seems "throatier" and certainly faster (on acceleration) than my previous 10 yr old Peugeot 406 diesel (no real surprise there regarding the speed). I am not technically/mechanically minded at all.

Anyhow, in amongst the cars service documents I came across a "certificate" from a company called "PowerChip" dated October 2005.

I googled http://www.powerchipit.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ( the name on the card) and couldn't find anything, I tried the contact number and it came up not recognised.

Does anyone know of this company or heard of them - I was just keen to know what if anything had been done to the car.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Any help appreciated. :-??
Regards

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login