Yet another Suspension question....... please help......

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Das Booted
B6

Yet another Suspension question....... please help......

Post by Das Booted »

need advice i am still stuck between coilovers or just springs.

now i can walk to work my car spends alot of time on the drive which is basically mud until its resurfaced with gravel next year now with the winter months coming are the coilovers more likely to sieze through lack of use and dampness?

now i want coilovers to go low but not to low probably 60mm except for shows when it will get lower and higher for holidays now i do not wanna folk out £200 for coilovers to find when i need to adjust them they are seized and need to come off to be unsiezed cause then i gotta feck about with wheel alignments all over again.

when i spoke to venom motorsport the guy there said as mines a Auto it alot heavier at the front so my thinking is that if i go for weitec or apex springs on ebay as they are designed for manuals they will go lower with the weight but thats only what the guy said which maybe enough at the front.

so can anyone help me out i am on a tight budget and cannot afford expensive coilovers so what do you all think? If i do go for coilovers i will have the fk ak's

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login