Brake caliper sticking

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Awesome
B2
Passat model: B5 TDi 115 Sport

Brake caliper sticking

Post by Awesome »

Hi guys,

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my MPG had dropped by about 20 per gallon - at the same time the brakes seemed very sensitive when I was applying them. Spoke to the local garage I use and they told me it sounds like a sticking caliper - I went for a long drive and checked the wheels and thre was a lot of heat coming off the passenger front wheel. Took it to the garage who took the caliper off and cleaned it and put it back on. It was fine for a day or so and then the problem returned. I have just had the caliper and brake hose replaced and the problem is stilll there - literally just driven it home and there is smoke coming off that wheel from the caliper.

Can anyone shed any light on this please? The garage have said they will not charge me for the new caliper / hose if it does not sort the problem as the owner is a freind of my dads but any help from here which may point them in the right directio would be appreciated?

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login