1.8t 20v tuning

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Stevo-M
B1
Passat model: B5 1.8t

1.8t 20v tuning

Post by Stevo-M »

I bought the 'ssat as a more suitable family car after running around in mk3 toyota supras for the last few years, but i'm slightly dissapointed with the lack of low end power, to get the documented 0-60 in 8.6 seconds i find i have to hold onto 2nd gear to 60, however i've been browsing the forum and it seems there's some pretty big power gains to be had from a remap. My car is a '98 has 83k miles on it and seems to run pretty well. Overall i'm quite impressed with the cars build quality, quietness and level of trim. I knew from reading reviews beforehand that the turbo could barely be felt winding up, and although i didn't buy it for the performance, a little more would be nice!
So anyway, has anyone had a remap done, and can you feel the difference when driving? Also is there any other tuning options readily available without going mental, such as increased boost ect?

Cheers in advance :cool:

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login