Skid plate... where can I get it from?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

corsa245
B2
Passat model: B6 Sport

Skid plate... where can I get it from?

Post by corsa245 »

Hi everyone,

had a bit of a nightmare this weekend, went to drop the misses off round manchester for a night out, just picked up her mate, heading into town and started hearing a weird noise, sorta like when a bag gets stuck on the front of your grill and starts flaping around. Pulled over to have a look and the front of the skid plate and the very back were hanging down, with only the centre bolts holding it on. I only had a few basic tools with me, so I had to baby the car to an Asda and bought a basic spanner set, adjustable spanner and a pair of pliers, after an hour or so of struggling, lying down in the Manchester Asda car park I managed to get the bolts off and remove the plate. :(

I want to replace it as I dont like leaving the bottom exposed. Does anyone know where I can get just the front part of the plate from? I know I can get it from VW, but they would charge silly prices, any ideas...? Any help would be appriciated.

Jon

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login