Help with spacer and handling question!!!!!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

pachanga231
B5.5
Passat model: b5.5 tdi 130 PD

Help with spacer and handling question!!!!!

Post by pachanga231 »

got a b5.5 tdi sport lowered on fk coilovers on standard sport alloys. the rear wheel sits inside the arch more so than the front i think the rims are et37. im not going to upgrade to 18's etc so i was thinking of putting some spacers on the rear to bring the rim in line with the arch and same on the front, this would hopefully give the car a slightly wider stance and i wanted to know if it would improve the handling in any way. would it be safe/beneficial to do this and WOULD it actually give the car a wider stance. anyone recommed size of spacers 10mm rear??? 5mm front. can i just go with cheap ones or is it better to go for the hubcentric ones that bolt onto hub......finally need to get some tyres 205/50x16 had toyo t1's not been that impressed, heard good comments about dunlop sp9000 or they just good for stretching need summat practical with solid grip
thanks peeps.
B5.5 Passat Sport 130PD 6speed (Upsoluted) - Xenons - Cruise Control - Phatbox - Chrome Mirrors - FK Coilovers - 312mm brake upgrade - Mirror Polished 18" Keskin KT1's - Badgeless Grille - Blue LED - Touareg Torch - More to come

This topic has 22 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login