Cleaning my washer jets didn't quite go to plan

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

madrob6
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B6

Cleaning my washer jets didn't quite go to plan

Post by madrob6 »

So tonight I decided I'd have a go at cleaning out my washer jets seeing as they're supposed to be fan type jets but just sprayed water in random directions.

Removed the jets and went into my flat to pop them into a pot of bleach to clear out any rubbish and left the bonnet of the car open (with it locked) in the garage whilst they had a soak so I didn't lost the pipes in the bonnet.

Several hours later and the pot has a load of dirt sitting in the bottom that came out of the jets so I decide to go and give them a go after a rinse.

Reconnect the jets and get in the car but when I turned the key I just got a quick clicking noise from behind the dash. The alarm light flashes like crazy whenever the door is opened and it doesn't even attempt to try and turn over. It did exactly this after being left for ages not driven

All I can think of is the alarm was having a fit whilst being locked with the bonnet open and managed to drain the battery (I took it for a drive just before taking the jets out). Normally this would be fine but my garage has no power sockets and more Importantly I don't have a battery charger. ARGH!
B6 TDI with turbo laaaaaaaaaaaag
944 in need of a refresh

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login