DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL - CLUTCH

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

kaz
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL - CLUTCH

Post by kaz »

Hi All, dont know if you remember, I was asking a few stuff abt clutch and I got a few problems after that (like a vibration in idling and a bit of noise), I went to a VW dealer today and they couldnt find the reason why.
They asked me to get the engine mountings and clutch mountings checked and also use the liquid to clean fuel injector and also oil cleaner(but when oil is changed).

Went to the same place where I got the clutch done and he said today after many checks after all these days that the flywheel is going dead and needs replacing, he showed me a flywheel and said there was extra play in the flywheel when he checked.

I have seen someone saying abt VALEO flywheels which are better than the normal dual mass flywheels, but if I have to go for a new flywheel now which one do you guys suggest and how much does the part alone cost approx as he said he will charge me only 50quid for the labour bcos he did the clutch and wanted to help me out. He phoned some suplier and said part is £280+vat, he said he will give a few calls and let me know

I will try GSF today as its 10 mins away from me, which one should I ask for??

Any advice would be really helpful pls
2.0 Tdi B7
-------Back on Track-------

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login