Smoke?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

DuFFmAN
B1

Smoke?

Post by DuFFmAN »

Hi guys... Been lingering around for quite a while on this and the old forum. Thought I'd introduce myself.. I've always had a Jap car. My family have always had jap cars. Non of them ever broke down etc... No problems..

Purchased a Passat tdi 130 on a 52 plate back in January. Must admit.. Its better then any of the Jap cars I've had in terms of quality. However, They don't seem very reliable. This one has 84k on the clock and was beautiful until a week ago...:roll:

Car smokes away in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears just around when the turbo kicks in. However you will feel a type of misfire whilst accelerating. :cry

Car will not go above 80mph :? .. At the moment, im thinking MAF.. If so, how can I test it? Do I just disconnect and go to check if it makes a difference? Anywhere where I can pick up a new one for cheap. Will install it myself..? Ebay?

Im also thinking that it can be the Turbo. Im hoping no one suggests that though :(
Passat CC TDI GT DSG 170 [metallic silver leaf] ;)

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login