Help: Front Passenger Wheel Is Sticking!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !
Gibonz
B2

Help: Front Passenger Wheel Is Sticking!

Post by Gibonz »

Guys,

Noticed this problem a few weeks back.

When coasting the car wasn't free-wheeling as well and the car felt sluggish in high gears with low revs, very unusual for my car as its mapped to 170! The heat from the wheel was intense with a burning smell of brake dust.

My mechanic thought it was brake pads but i wasnt sure about this and he changed them. It got slightly better but the problem was still there.

He now thinks i need a new caliper altogether! I initially thought it was the caliper sticking but do u think i need a whole new unit?

He said 'its probably rusty inside'.

Would anything else cause the wheel to stick like this? Bent brake disc etc etc?

Thoughts?

Thanks Guys!

2001 B5.5 TDI 130

So Far - TA-Technix Coilovers / 19" ASA AR1 / Remap / Side Skirts / Boot Lip Spoiler / Full Colour Coding / De-Badged Full Chrome Grille / De-Badged Rear / W8 Chrome Beltline Dash Trim / W8 Roof Light / Blue Footwell Neons / JDM Heater Vents w/Illuminated Rollers / JBL Sub & Amp / Pressed Number Plates
Next - Net Optik Trims / Black Projector Headlights / HID's / Cream Leather Seats / Sport Steering Wheel

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login