Alarm and door locking problem

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

madrob6
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B6

Alarm and door locking problem

Post by madrob6 »

I have a 98 R-reg B5 Passat and have recently noticed that when I lock the car from any other lock than the drivers door then the drivers door will remain unlocked. I don't have remote central locking but the button inside the door fails to lock that door also. Any ideas what would be causing this? It seems like it could be a dodgy mechanism or bad connection.

The other question I have is the alarm, whilst removing the centre console to do some work I found a small box with a Votex logo which connects to the headunit wiring harness and has a small adjustable dial on it which I can only assume is part of the alarm system. What exactly does that adjuster do? I ask as when I lock the car the light on the drivers door flashes and all the indicators flash to say that the alarm is active but I cannot for the life of me set the alarm off. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can sort this problem out?

One more thing worth mentioning is that I have a broken wire somewhere in the wiring loom to the drivers door which means that none of the internal lights work (used to come on if you tugged at the cable but now nothing).

Bit of a long one for a first post but I'm at a loss and I don't want to send the car to VW for work as the local dealer in this area seems close to useless with the Passats.

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login