[Recovered] PureMS Upper Strut Bar

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

g60dubster
B5.5
Passat model: B5 1.8T OEM+

[Recovered] PureMS Upper Strut Bar

Post by g60dubster »

After a disaster with a bar that was supposed to fit from fleabay, I tried to source one of these from the makers in the US, as everyone over there reckons it's about the best one for the job.
This was not economical to do but luckily an extremely kind fellow member of ClubB5 offered to buy one for me and ship it.

Got it last week and fitted it yesterday.

The bar basically uses the OEM end brackets from an Audi S6 with the centre bar from an S4 but redesigned to fit the brackets (the S4's brackets are welded in and the OEM bar does not fit the A6 brackets)

As it came out of the box:

Closeup of end link

The bar fitted:

FItting is straight forward, just bolts into 2 strut mount bolts either side, and the centre bar slides down between the battery and firewall. Had to do a bit of juggling with the air-con pipes and battery cables but all done in 30mins Very Happy

It's hardly noticeable visually, which I like however the difference is quite noticeable, better turn-in, less of a dead spot at centre when doing quick right-left turns and best of all, no more creaks from the dash!!!

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login