Various mysteries of the B5.5 variety

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ct.p
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: B5.5 H'Line Est

Various mysteries of the B5.5 variety

Post by ct.p »

I've not done a thing to my otherwise very well cared for 2004 B5.5 Highline estate for while except drive it. All standard servicing is up to date so no issues there. However there are an increasing number of electrical type gremlims cropping up.

1, 'A' pillar loon possible wire breakage. I've needed to investigate this for a while, I know what to do to chase it down, hopefully.

2, "Oil sensor workshop" and the orange oil light for about ten seconds at random times immediately after startup but not every time. From doing a bit of searching this is either the sump sensor itself or loom chaffage somewhere down there. Has anyone experienced and or solved it? Does anyone know the current going rate for a new sump sensor?

3, V68 heat flap motor is a bit dicky, anyone breaking a B5.5 who would sell one?

4, Heated seat on drivers side only works on "5", I've tried another switch and it was the same. The other switch may have a dud as well. Again, anyone got one they want to sell?

5, And lastly a really strange one..... Sometimes when I switch on the ignition on / start the car I get a single wipe of the front wipers. I don't touch the stalk or do anything but sometimes get a single wipe. My theory is that the park switch in the motor (if there is one) might be dicking about but other than that a possible dodgy earth and possibly connected to the 'A' pillar gremlims. I really have no idea otherwise. Has anyone seen of heard of this, I haven't in the 12 years I've been on here.

6, The really expensive DAB/FM aerial is corroded where the mast fits and the signal isn't good. That is an easy'ish but annoying £40 fix!

Other than that the old hector is running and driving as sweet as a nut.

I need to lavish some time on it though and get rid of these niggles as I'm inching ever closer to getting something different. I've been in a B5.5 for a long, long time now.
Bog standard B5.5 Highline Estate TDI

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login