Strange results

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

seanchadwick2k3
B1
Passat model: B5.5

Strange results

Post by seanchadwick2k3 »

Hi all

I had another thread asking for advice on the pierburg maf to replace my knackered Bosch one.

I went with the pierburg and all now appears to be good I do notice a bit of lag at certain rev ranges but I'm putting that down to the vnt as I got a boost code for the first time a few days ago.

Now to the point...

In the 1-2 years I've owned the car the engine has never reached 90 degrees on the temp gauge even on a 120 mile motorway journey. Since I've had this new maf in the temp is rising as Id expect and the other day held the optimum 90 without issue.

Could the maf affect this in anyway? The only thing I could possibly think of is the lowered fueling with a dead maf would provide as much heat due to the output of the engine being lowered so much but I've had a resistor in the maf plug the whole time it's been dead so as far as the ECU is concerned it's had max airflow.

I've also noticed the car seems to have a bit more of a grumble, the engine sounds a bit rougher.

I might throw the resistor back in for a day or two just to make sure I'm not imagining things but anyone's ideas would be appreciated.

This topic has 37 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login