Car low on power, unless turn off and back on again

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dan~
B7
Passat model: B5.5 (AVF)

Car low on power, unless turn off and back on again

Post by dan~ »

Right was painfully in the car with my mum the other day on the motorway and i was saying ffs, overtake and she said "no, there's no power, it's always done this unless i turn it off and back on again"

Not scanned it yet, but what could this be? no warning lights neither, apprantly you can feel it when it goes "funny"

I'm very vague on details, I know it's a 2001/2 sport tdi no idea about engine but I can find this all out.

Is changing the vac lines and cleaning the MAF a good start? It doesn't do it everytime, usually on slightly longer journeys and always from what I can tell happen on the motorway.

The problem is, she poodles around in 6 gear basically all the time and i'm sure the car has never seen over 3k rpm in her possesion for the last 8 years or so, so wouldn't be suprised if things are clogged up but surely if it's clogged it'll be the same all the time?

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login