rear end slip..

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

cadmatt
B1

rear end slip..

Post by cadmatt »

Evening all. Got a wee problem with the Passat. I've had her four years. She's a b5.5 estate TDI awx on a y plate coming up to 170k.
In the four years I've had it its driven as if on rails but twice in the last two months I've lost the back end. Took it to local today and mechanic went round checking for play in the joints etc, one CV joint is weeping slightly and some of the arms are showing their age so will want doing. However his only comment was rear tires we're down to 3mm so will want changing soon.
Here's what happened tonight: was approaching roundabout off dual carriageway had to break fairly hard, abs seemed to kick in-fair enough. Then hook aright on the roundabout. The back end steps out and the front goes all vague as best I can describe.
I'm thinking maybe rear anti roll bar or shocks but any ideas would be helpful before I start slinging cash at it! :((
Cheers
Matt

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login