Loss of power and other general query

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dentist69
B3
Passat model: B6

Loss of power and other general query

Post by dentist69 »

I have a 2001 Yreg Passat 1.9Tdi 130 brake. I am not sure which code this car is but think it is either a B5 or B5.5?

Anyways, i just bought this car and thought i had ironed out all of it's quirks and problems but tonight just now i had a sudden loss of power on the motorway. Am not sure if related but ever since i got the car, at a certain rev and only in 2nd and 3rd gears i sometimes get a threat of stall or at least a lag in power when driving very economically. I was told that this kind of car that i have does not like to be driven this way and to try mostly giving it a little bit more but obviously not too much. This does sort it out like but now after this event happened i have my doubts.
I entered the motorway and got up to speed (70mph) was in 5th and went for bit more, it accelerated as expected and then suddenly there was nothing but it kept at the same steady speed (between 70-75mph) but wouldn't give no more and when it started to climb a hill it actually slowed but when it went down hill it sped up again just not as you would expect and stopped accelerating again at between 70-75mph even though my foot was on the floor each occasion. I stopped the car in a lay-by, stopped the engine, restarted the engine and it was fine and got me home!

I am totally new to these cars and i am sorry for the novel above but ive tried to describe as best i can. I was put onto this forum by a colleague of mine from Deeset logistics.

The other query i have, is it normal for these cars temp gauges to fluctuate between the first white line and the middle (normal) 90c? Usually it sits and doesn't move right on the half way (about 45 degrees) and other times i have seen it climb to the 90 and then drop again. It does this climb when the car is thrashed lol. 8-|

Come on, everybody drives a we bit quickly every now and again. :D
YOU KNOW WHEN YOU START SOMETHING

THEN IT BECOMES FRUSTRATING AND EXPENSIVE

AND YOU JUST WANT TO GET TO THE END ! ! !

This topic has 38 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login