1999 B5 TDi 110 Estate keep or move on?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Inspector 71
B1
Passat model: B5.5

1999 B5 TDi 110 Estate keep or move on?

Post by Inspector 71 »

Hi All

I bought the above car just over a year ago to use as dog transport. Sadly this hasn't really worked out as the pooch doesn't like going anywhere in any car. I have access to other cars so the Passat has only done 4k since I got it. I've thought about trying to sell it on but it has done a huge mileage (225k) so I imagine people will be offering me peanuts for it. If it's only worth £500 or so then I may as well keep it about the place as it goes very well despite the miles but if offered a decent sum I would cut my losses and let it go. I say cut my losses as I've spent a fair bit on it and it now owes me somewhere around £1500 which I know I won't get back. When I got it I had a cambelt kit and water pump done along with pads and discs all round and all the front arms as well as inner and outer track rods. Oh and it also has a full set of snow tyres fitted. Problems are non working AC and electric mirrors everything else works. It's satin silver and presents quite well definitely not the usual scrapper you might imagine given the age and mileage.

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login