Another AFN with power loss! Please Help...

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

djselliott
B1
Passat model: B5

Another AFN with power loss! Please Help...

Post by djselliott »

Hi all,

Had my AFN passat for a while now and have fixed all other little niggly issues but am now trying to resolve this one. Similar symptoms to other who have written up about this issue, low power (no boost) between 2-3k RPM, gutless up hills and generally very underpowered, not undrivable but certainly not what it should be.

I've got movement on the VNT mechanism, have replaced all Vacuum pipes, cleaned MAF (with proper MAF cleaner), deleted egr, but havent been able to resolve issue.

I first tried scanning it with one of those plug in bright orange handheld scanners but it had issues linking to my car. Have now got full VAG-COM but still having issues.

If i scan the engine it comes up with no codes, but in one of the boxes it says "REDIR FAIL" meaning no label file for my engine (which surely there is for the AFN??). I can run the measuring blocks, produce a graph, but cannot log data.

Is anyone able to offer any help/advice/direction as to what would be good check now, or if uploading a graph would be of any use? And if so how should you drive it when producing graphs?

Thanks!!
Last edited by djselliott on Sun May 26, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 27 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login