airbag knowledge/help reqiured doin my head in lol

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

vags4me
B1
Passat model: b5.5

airbag knowledge/help reqiured doin my head in lol

Post by vags4me »

right i need someone with some knowledge on airbags fitting faults etc every garage i speak to it seem they want to take your money and diagnose a fault from there on in they are as much use as a chocolate teapot

this is what ive got i have an airbag fault code 01588 drivers head airbag n251 32-00 resistance too high now i know that this car has had a slight knock very light frontal and the drivers seat airbag was deployed that code has been cleared and all others cleared at the same time leaving just this one you can see that the airbag on the o/s a pillar has been deployed or disturbed at sometime as the cover is not complteley in place corectly under the door seal/rubber now the last garage says they have had this cover off and that airbag has been deployed and is damaged so needs replacing what i want to know is this
1. is it just that one singke air bag to replace or is it a side curtain airbag that need replacing form what i can see there are airbags in the a pillar and b pillars but i can see any others
2. can you just replace the airbag in the a pillar is there a connector that connects it too the b pillar or is it a complete air bag set up for both
3. and lastly would an airbag form a saloon be the same as an estate assuming both cars are the same back as far as the b pillar

any help would be mucho appreciated as im loathed to pay the garage any more money just to tell me the same thing it would help if they knew how to act once they see a code come up but it seems they want to cahrge a furtune to just keep investigating lol (must think ive got mug written on my forehead )

thanks i advance for any help/advice i can get on this johhny

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login