Slow pickup at high speeds

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

Imran
B5.5
Passat model: B8 BiTDI 4mo

Slow pickup at high speeds

Post by Imran »

Ok, got a 1999 v reg passat 1.8 20v se. Petrol and non turbo. Cars had a service and new MAF two days ago. Oil,oil filter,air filter,pollen filter and spark plugs were changed. All bought from dealers.

I was hoping the above would cure my problem but it hasnt.

When on motorway and doing 80ish if I slow down to say 50 60 or even 70, stay in 5th gear, it takes aaagggggeeessssss getting back up to speed, to the point that I have to sometimes pull into 2nd lane drop to 4th, plant foot and then when its got enough speed move to 5th gear. Its always done this since I bought the car (last sept). A mate suggested slapping it on a rolling road and see where the power bands are (or not as he laughingly said) Can I do the same with vagcom? Does anybody know why it is just so bloody slow getting back up to speed.

The new MAf has cured the slow speeds at lower down the gears, it now shifts from 1st 2nd and 3rd all the way up to 40 even 50mph. But in 5th gear at motorway speeds its just incredibly slow at getting back up to speed.

Last night when driving to Nottingham (had to see inlaws *shudders* ) was in 3rd lane, had to drop to 60 from 80 due to traffic, was so slow in pickup that moved into 2nd lane and had to let a frikkin' micra past me!!!!! wtf???

Any ideas comment are appreciated folks, could do with some help :?:

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login