Front Passenger Door automatically unlocks

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

fenix242
Passat model: B5.5

Front Passenger Door automatically unlocks

Post by fenix242 »

Hi all, first topic-post so go easy on me!

I've seen 3 different garages about this problem now and had 3 different answers on it and it's starting to really get on my nerves and wondered if anybody here has any real ideas about what it might be.

Symptoms
When locking car with remote fob: all doors lock
When locking car with internal door switch: all doors lock and then front passenger door unlocks

I've been told the following 3 stories: -
  • It's the CCU (comfort control unit) and this would need replacing at huge cost
  • It's the door lock motor in the front passenger door and this needs replacing at huge cost
  • It's a wiring loom problem somewhere, huge cost to diagnose and then unknown cost to fix
Strictly speaking it's not *that* much of a problem but if I want to lock the doors when in the car I have to lean over and manually push the door locking pin back down. This does mean however that I can't have Anti Hijack enabled (or rather there'd be no point as it'd require manual interaction on my point thus defeating the point).

Thanks in advance guys to anybody who take the time to reply any I really appreciate any advice which can point me in the right direction!

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login