Have i dropped a clanger?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

locoboy
B1
Passat model: 1.9 PD 130 B5.5

Have i dropped a clanger?

Post by locoboy »

I have been repairing my 53 reg passat over the last few weeks and as it was off the road for a while for the repair i took the oportunity to dry out the inside and fit the midified seal round the pollen filter housing.

Part of the drying out process involved me having to remove the front passenger seat to allow me to lift the carpet on that side and get it propperly dries out.

I disconnected the battery and then unplugged the seats airbag connection and removed the seat.

The seat has been out for a fortnight now and today i reconnected the battery and switched the ignition on!

The airbag warnging light came on and it said (if i remember correctly) 'airbag fault' on the dash display.

Thats obviously because the seat is not connected, now if i disconnect the battery again and then plug in my seat and switch the ignition on, is my car still going to tell me there is an airbag fault or will it consider itself back to normal?

If it shows a fault can the light just be knocked off with vag-com?

Thanks

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login