New car big headache *Update

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

DubDoood
still on the production line
Passat model: B5 SE TDI

New car big headache *Update

Post by DubDoood »

Seems I have just encountered my 1st nightmare, the ABS, Esp warning lights came on minutes after collection along with the handbrake light flashing and an audible bleep being heard for a couple seconds on start up.

I understand that alot of people will pop onto a forum with the 1st post being a problem and then never return once sorted, but I assure you that I plan to hang around and become a part of the community here (currently a member of a couple local VW clubs and an Admin for my own Golf Cabby site.

Can anyone shed any light on the issue (possible solution) costs etc, I have also noticed that there is quite alot of vibration felt during tickover.

I had a full oil/filter service carried out along with front and rear break discs and pads in the obscure hope the issue may go away but no such luck, all I got was a car that ran like poo (3 cylinders) for a couple minutes before switching off and back on to solve the issue.
Last edited by DubDoood on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 38 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login