[RECOVERED] - Is There A 4X4 20 Valve Turbo B5

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Max Inc
still on the production line

[RECOVERED] - Is There A 4X4 20 Valve Turbo B5

Post by Max Inc »

fluke
As title.
Just wondering if they have done a syncro type model with 20 valve turbo ??

alecmascot
I find Parkers Guide useful for questions like that....

colb666
On the B5's the only 4 wheel drive cars sold in the UK were 2.8 V6's or Tdi 2.5 V6's,later B5.5's added the 1.9 tdi to the 4 wheel drive line up and changed the name to 4 motions.

fluke
Thanks mate.
Are the V6's anygood ??
Are they not a bit front heavy ??
I find my TDi is a bit front heavy with all the engine in front of the front axle line.

colb666
You'll find all fwd models a bit front end heavy,4 mo's and syncro's are far better in the road holding stakes but V6 ones are thirsty,1.9tdi 4 mo is under powered in standard guise but with a remap its a cracking car

fluke
I know FWDs are prone to washout (Understeer)i've had a few power full FWD cars in the past.
But the Passat sufers due to the fact the engine is completely in front of the front axle line.
My 200 bhp Rover 620ti was resonable good, the 200 bhp Vitesse was very good, it was one of the best handling FWD cars i've owned, in near standard factory spec.
Always managed to improve on them, My RS 1600i and RS Turbo were also very good once sorted.
Few of my previous beasts.

Im after a 4x4 passat as a toy, my present Passat will be going soon as I need a Merc for cabbing.
All and any info on the V6 variant will be appreciated.

colb666
You'd be better off with the 1.9tdi and get it remapped so you get power and economy.

deutscheparts
If you could suffer a LHD car, you should try http://www.mobile.de as in Germany you could order almost any car with any trim and any engine / drivetrain combo.

fluke
Hmm not LHD, will be a spare as a cab, wont get thru PCO test as LHD.
Anyone got any commets on Tiptronic Autos ??
Or the 2.5 V6 TDi ??
Do the tiptronics last ??
Any probs with the V6 TDi ??

Andi
The V6 TDI is an old engine, so not very efficient nor technically clever.
My V6 petrol is quite easy to oversteer if you want Wink The syncro system does favour the rear, so a dab on the throttle easily sets the angle up nicely.
I doubt I'll get a 2wd car again. I truely love the Syncro... The grip is immense!