B5 Passat + 19's - How LOW can you go!? INFO/ADVICE please..

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

eeZi
B1
Passat model: B5.5 - Highline

B5 Passat + 19's - How LOW can you go!? INFO/ADVICE please..

Post by eeZi »

Hey Guys,

I’m in need of some advice…

:idea: I’m thinking of perhaps doing a future project on a B5 Passat (again). Check out my first ever Passat project I had:

:arrow: Any who, I’m thinking about buying a B5 shape Passat again – I have seen a few go for some really good prices and wondering whether to buy one and use it as second/’spare’ car?

:arrow: Any who, the advice/info I was after is although I don’t wanna spend too much money on it (how many times have you heard that before lol) – but I was thinking of putting some 19’s on it and to pretty much ‘SLAM IT’ as is so often referred to around here. :?: :?:

:arrow: I just want some feedback on peeps’ that done it already (and there must be loads of ya’) –

:arrow: I presume you have coilovers? – How far have you dropped it, or how far can you go de get it at a decent level to get the look and at the same time not get too much trouble on humps etc. – on 19” wheels - 60mm all round?? :?:

:arrow: What tyre size do you have on the 19’s or what do you suggest, or what can you get away (lowering wise) with the standard 235/35/19 size tyres??

:!: Just to give you an idea the look I wanna go for this time round is like the Passat on ‘jamesyouprat’ sig as on the avatar thing (whatever you call it) – also found on the header on the ukpassat website.

Also, one more question – does anyone know whether the hot tuning coilover kit; does the kit that fits a B5 1.9TDi also fit the B5.5 1.9TDi i.e. can you swap the kits from a B5 1.9TDi to a B5.5 1.9TDi? :?: :?:

:| :?

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login