AAZ engine vibrates too much at 900 and 1500 RPM

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bencuri
Passat model: B3

AAZ engine vibrates too much at 900 and 1500 RPM

Post by bencuri »

I have a problem with my car fitted with AAZ engine that the vibration from the engine is too much and it is shaking the car. The problem exists at 2 different RPM levels: below 1000 RPM, and during acceleration around 1500 RPM (this one only when advancing, if clutch is released this is not present). The factory level is 900. There is no smoke and start problems, but when I start the car, the engine does one big shake, for the fraction of a second, then starts running fine. Similar to the shake when you change gear and release the clutch pedal too fast.

I noticed one of the engine mounts was loose, so I replaced that with a top quality one, but it made no significant difference. The other mounts seem to be okay. So I guess these are not the mounts that cause the issue,else this repair should have resulted in some improvement.

I Googled this problem a bit and I found comments with the exact same symptoms like in case of my engine. From the discussions it seems one possible source of problems can be the injector nozzles gone wrong, and the other is the damaged keyway on the crank snout. Do you think that apart from these it would be worth checking something else as well?

Anyway, my engine does have a damaged crank snout. However, I took the car to a mechanic, and he flattened the side of the snout with a special tool, and also installed a pin to the sprocket. It was half a year ago, and since then the car runs and starts fine, no smoke, even in freezing temperature the engine starts right away. So I wonder if it can really be the cause for the vibrations in my case? The serpentine belt pulley still has a little wobble though, but much less than before the repair.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login