B3 Drivers manual door window not working

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

pointer
B2
Passat model: B6 Diesel Estate

B3 Drivers manual door window not working

Post by pointer »

I have a problem on my B3 estate drivers door window which doesn't work. I have taken the handles etc off to expose the mechanism and the glass has come adrift from the clip at the bottom of the glass.

I took out the glass and then the manual winding mechanism but the mechanism was 'twisted' in several places. I tried straightening the cross arms of the mechanism and put it back in the door. Although not perfect it did go up and down. :|

I then tried putting the window back into the clip which I Had disconnected from the mechanism but no joy, the rubber was the problem! I have read an earlier thread that mentions removing the rubber, inserting the window into the bare clip and sealing with silicon and leaving it to set. As I had problems with the cross arms, maybe it would be better to replace the complete mechanism first before trying the silicon.

I have seen a replacement mechanism on ebay but my mechanism has a circular spring slightly off set from the 'winding' part of the mechanism whereas the ebay part doesn't. If anyone knows of a suitable replacement for my car , please let me know. :-??

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login