How do I disable alarm?

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: desertstorm, water01, vwnutant

emlclcy
B1

How do I disable alarm?

Post by emlclcy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:40 pm

I've a 2ltr petrol estate b4 that recently started cutting out while driving. If I fiddle withe the collar around the ignition barell most of the time it runsagain. It's something to do with the alarm. Any ideas how to bypass or remove it as it's getting to unreliable to use

fonzooorooo
B7
Passat model: B3 estate SPI

Re: How do I disable alarm?

Post by fonzooorooo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:38 am

I get the feeling reading your symptoms that it's more likely to be an ignition switch you need.

As for the factory immobiliser, it's built into the ECU and would need programming out by someone who does that sort of thing.
What I do:
https://www.facebook.com/Outram-Lutheri ... 319251735/
Stringed musical instrument making and repair

emlclcy
B1

Re: How do I disable alarm?

Post by emlclcy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:02 am

fonzooorooo wrote:I get the feeling reading your symptoms that it's more likely to be an ignition switch you need.

As for the factory immobiliser, it's built into the ECU and would need programming out by someone who does that sort of thing.
I'm fairly sure it has something to do with the immobiliser, the key has a no battery transponder which I think is energised by the plastic collar with the wire lead that fits over the ignition barrel.
sometimes when I start the car it runs for about 1/4 second then the rev counter needle just drops very quickly.

Anyone out there with the kit to disable it via the ecu?

I wonder if it could be an ignition switch fault?? I can start it sometimes with a bit of throttle and get the revs to about 3k and again the rev counter needle drops to zero very quickly.
cheers
carl