1.8 8v b3 running issues missing and dead flat. HELP!

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Staticjack
still on the production line
Passat model: B2 gl5 fastback

1.8 8v b3 running issues missing and dead flat. HELP!

Post by Staticjack »

Hello. Just wondered if anyone else has had the same issue
Engines a 1.8 8v in a 89 b3 estate. On about 195,000 miles
Basically started missfiring and idling funny a while back so checked the plugs and leads. One was a dead lead had corroded in the cap so got new leads and cap. GSF gave me the wrong cap because they are good like that but still kinda fitted because in the rush It fitted and ran so I used it. It carried on so I then realised a day later about the cap changed that and it's had a new rotor arm and coil and plugs and leads now. No plugs looked black or any different to any of the others all looked fine but it misfires under load not constant but a lot and is also dead flat and lost a lot of power. Struggles to pull much atall. Doesn't seem to pull any different no
Matter how much throttle I give it really. am unsure what it could be. It's not smokey. Although if I boot it in high revs it smokes but only if I give it a boot full to pull out or somthing. Anyone had anything similar happen? Any ideas would help a lot. Hoping it's not going to die on me soon. Needs to stay on the road for a few
Months yet!
Thanks
Jack

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login