instrument panel caput? boo hoo

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

erl72
B6
Passat model: B3 2L GT 16v

instrument panel caput? boo hoo

Post by erl72 »

Never was it more apt to say it never rains but it pours!

-The other week I was rescued by the RAC for what was thought to be a dodgy fuel pump relay but infact turned out to be nothing more than a melted fuse.

- O/S brakelight which worked intermittently gave up altogether recently ... its not a dodgy bulb its something inside where the bulbs plug into that appears to be buggered.

-I need new brake pads (and possibly discs) on the front. Being done on Monday

- Now I have bearing(s) that need doing, also on Monday

- Front tyres were pretty bald and one back tyre had a slow puncture so 4 new Toyos purchased

- Tonight the bloody battery has given up the ghost completely with absolutely no warning or clue. Unfortunately it appears to have taken out most of my instrument panel with it. Oil light won't go off, I've lost the clock and trip computer and the mileage trip has reset itself to zero. More worryingly I also have no rev counter and no speedo. The fuses are fine.

My worry is that it's terminal for the instrument panel? Or will it all spring back to life when I get a new battery attached? Or does it need some jiggery pokery to get it up and running again? Or is it frazzled and therefore, a transplant job?

So fed up :cry: :cry: :cry:
Eddi :D 1990 Passat GT 2.0 16v (clickable sig)

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login