My New B3 (from 1993!)

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Screwdriver
still on the production line
Passat model: b3

My New B3 (from 1993!)

Post by Screwdriver »

Hello. Just bought myself this:

Which I believe is a B3 and is definitely a 1.8 L injection. I've left the number plate uncovered because that's part of the story in this bargain buy (so it would appear). Paid less than £300 for it, full mot, number plate included.

Mileage is a genuine 80k, all the previous mots prove it. Only ever been owned by one family, last three owners at the same address. Paint is a bit dodgy. looks like a lacquer over original paint which is now peeling, bubbling and lifting albeit mostly only on the roof.

I love it. Drives well with a quiet smooth engine and it steers beautifully. Bit like my old T4 which, thanks to the forthcoming LEZ, I had to get rid of in a hurry. Anyhow, it's a mystery to me how the interior of this car has survived. It looks absolutely brand new! So much so I'm still scratching my head to try and figure out how. Some plastics have been broken and it looks like the car has been stripped right down to the chassis, resprayed (very well) and put back together with the occasional snapped lug and missing fixing.

I'll put up a few more photos as they come in. there's a few niggles with it, most of which are well known by the look of it. So over the next few days I need to:

Remove drivers doorpull. Screw is seized solid and broke my impact driver!

Investigate reluctant central locking. Just the drivers door that won't open unless you keep the key turned.

Fix broken temp gauge and fuel guage (probably a dry joint in the console).

Need a higher seat! Seat is too low and there's no height adjustment. I'm only a shortarse and i really need a higher seat.

Finally because of limited access to my driveway, I need electronic folding mirrors ideally or at the very least, mirrors that will stay folded.

Phew. That's it. Look forwards to getting to know you all and am very much enjoying my latest project.

Screwdriver.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login