Hottuning coil overs - fitting and review.

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

panelbeaterpeter
B1
Passat model: B5

Hottuning coil overs - fitting and review.

Post by panelbeaterpeter »

So I decided today to fit my Hottuning TA Technix coil overs, which have been sitting in the hall p!ss!ng everyone off for the past few months. They fitted very easily, took from 8:00am til 12:00pm to fit, so basically an hour a corner. You could do it quicker but I wasn't in a hurry.

Pics

Before

Fronts fitted. Rake, anybody?

Rears fitted

It's a tiny bit higher than I want it, as I am thinking it will settle a little. I've read things about it being murder to make it level and sit right on all corners, but it was really very easy, just a few turns here and there and Bob's your real dad. The O/S needed the coils to be set about 10mm higher for some reason, but every corner was different.

To give an idea of the settings, here are some pics showing the measurements for front and back, use these and it will sit like mine does.

Front

Rear

Measurements are in mm.

Went for a spin after they were fitted, it is a little bumpier and the road noise is more noticeable, but the handling and looks outweigh the bad bits, after all you expect road noise and a harsher ride if you fit lowered suspension.

And if anyone is wondering, I have a rear bumper in the post ;)

Pete

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login