Arrghhhhh ... not feeling B3 love

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Shavey
B2
Passat model: B3Wag B5.5Wag

Arrghhhhh ... not feeling B3 love

Post by Shavey »

Is it just me or is owning a B3 a series of emotional highs and lows?!? Well I'm getting more than my fair share of lows right now so need to rant.

In the last 3 weeks both my B3 wagons have come home on the back of tow trucks. As of this eve I have 2 B3s that I cant use X( Arrrgggghhh

I bought my 1.6 TD about 9 months ago and and it has been truly amazing - 55 MPG Clocked up 10k trouble free miles - was starting to think it would just run forever ... Hmmm. That came home cos diesel was leaking (p:ssing) out of where one of the injectors screws into the block. Needs a new Injector seal washer I think / hope! Just haven't had time to have a good look and seems like a few bits need to come off to get at it.

So with the TD off the road have been using the GT as my daily - OMG, first woe - the fuel cost compared to my 1.6TD :((

Anyway, apart from that have been really enjoying running the GT and feeling great about spending some time getting it sorted. Have been reading a lot of forum posts by rubjonny on ClubGTI - man that guy knows so much about sorting PB Digi engines - If you have a PB go read the engines section on ClubGTI. So with spring coming soon and The Gathering in the diary I've been itching to get started on this guys tips to get the GT pulling like it should. Got some money together for hottuning coilies and some G60s or ATS Cups as well, so dreaming of getting it looking as good as some of the other B3s on here ^:)^ All good! ... until this eve

So this eve I'm taking the kids to a school event and sitting in traffic when steam starts pouring out of all the heater vents. Of course I knew straight away what it was having read a fair few posts on uk passats. =((

Looking back now it was a bit comical - like each vent suddenly turned into a wallpaper stripper ... sounded exactly the same too :D But the thought of not having a heater in the car once I bypass the matrix x_x

I guess the only good thing is both cars have things that are cheap to fix - well bypassing the heater matrix anyway - but please, will owning a B3 always be like this?!?

My partner not really that sympathetic - "well that's what old cars do" %-( so turning to the uk passats brethren to feel the love and a few words of encouragement :ymhug:

Shavey

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login