Thinking of going diesel - advice please.

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

hobbsy
still on the production line

Thinking of going diesel - advice please.

Post by hobbsy »

Im currently running an abf powered b4 estate which was bought to replace the trusty mk2 gti when it got too small for all the family stuff. Now i love the car and the performance which didnt disappoint after the gti but the fuel consumption i get combined with the fact that i dont drive fast anywhere anymore due to having my kid in the car got me thinking about chopping it in for a diesel. Could someone give me some real world figures for fuel consumption, im currently getting 25ish round town and mid 30s on a run, is a td going to vastly improve that to the point of it being worth changing? Also whats the performance of the diesels like? I quite fancy a b3 but they seem to be 1.6s (i know 1.9s do exist but they seem rarer), are they down on power compared to the B4 1.9td and 1.9 tdi? What would be the best engine to go for? Are there any problems with the diesels, the abf has been faultless since i got it.

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login