Yet more suspension questions

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

CannondaleChris
B1
Passat model: 2.0 CL B4 Estate

Yet more suspension questions

Post by CannondaleChris »

I was going to just settle for a lowering spring kit but seeing as the car has done 90k miles I reckon that the shocks are probably passed their best so I'm now thinking I ought to go for a full suspension kit.

Problem is, which one is the best compromise between comfort and handling? I enjoy enthusiastic driving like everyone else but I'm not throwing the car around like a lunatic everywhere I go and I have a family to cart around a lot of the time as well so I have to consider a kit that will be able to cope with a fully laden vehicle (and trust me, at times it's full to the roof rails!) and won't bottom out.

Should I just go for the springs and replace the shocks with standard units or is this a waste of time?

And while I'm going to be under the car and removing suspension components is there anything else I should consider replacing while I have the opportunity, stuff like top mounts and pivot bearings etc, or do these wear fairly well - I don't have any unwanted noises coming from the suspension or steering at all........... yet.

I also don't want to break the bank as I have a few other things which I want to do to the car as well - got a nice set of 16" wheels that needs wrapping in rubber at some point and there's a couple of areas that need paint on the car.

Ta very big,

Chris
You never know what tomorrow may bring; but you can usually have a pretty good guess!

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login