B4 couple of questions

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

i-macca
B1
Passat model: B4

B4 couple of questions

Post by i-macca »

Hi All,

I've done a bit of research on both of these but just want to see if anybody might have anything helpful to add..

1). The clutch pedal sometimes gets stuck down. The lady I bought the car from said it has been happening for months and she just got used to it. Also something about her mechanic tightening something and it stopped for a little while. I've noticed that if you push it just far enough it's fine but if you push it to the floor it will sometimes be ok, sometimes only come halfway back up and occasionally will stop on the floor. You can pull it back up and it works fine again. From some searches it seems this is most likely either the pedal broken at the top (a weld come off?) or the clutch master cylinder is faulty?

2). I locked the car last night and the central locking worked fine to lock all the doors. About 5-10 seconds later just as I was walking away the front nearside door unlocked again, though the pin didn't move right up to the unlocked position. I fiddled about a bit and then the locking kept going as if it was constantly trying to lock itself until I unlocked it and locked it again. I tried it this morning and the door was almost locked but not quite, as in it opened but only with a good tug. I've never seen an air pump central locking system before but it sounds like I might have a leak somewhere on that door?

Any pointers would be gratefully received!

Cheers,

Mark.
1996 B4 Estate 1.9 TDi - 61mpg :)
1994 Toyota Supra UK 6-speed - 20mpg :(

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login