HOW TO:- Mk3 golf seats in to a B3/B4 updated

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Glynn
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B3 GTD Variant

HOW TO:- Mk3 golf seats in to a B3/B4 updated

Post by Glynn »

Right been meaning to do this for a while now so here goes

Front seats are a stright fit so no worrys there

Rear bench is another story tho
firstly i started with the backs, swapping the bottom outer mounts over (golf on left, passat on right)

then the other parts of the outer mounts, they need to be mounted aprox 1.5" lower, so i adapted a plate to lower it

And removed the locating tang (ignore the bit that sticks out to the right thats a screw driver to help get a better pic)

then on to the middle mount (cant find my pics at the mo)
you need to fabricate a new mount again aprox 1.5" lower and the centre gap of 8/10mm standard mount is 20mm

then once you have squeezed them in on the lower mounts and screwed in on to the top stricker pins
you need to remove half the pin, i done this a couple of mm above where the plastic sleeve meets the metal shaft, i done this so i could weld a washer on the end to as a stop like the origanal item (will get another pic of the washer attached)

Like so

This is how the backs sit (will play some more to see if i can get them to sit better) and ignore the rotty drool on the head rests :oops:

That should be it for the backs

Then on to the bases (will get some pics)
The mounts all line up :-bd there are a couple of tangs that need to bent back and the holes need to be drilled from 6mm to 8mm to allow the passat bolts to fit andthat is it :hyst

Its not as hard as it sounds, i would do it again now i know what to do but i would set aside a weekend to carry this out

cheers
Glynn
Last edited by Glynn on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It seems us B3'ers tend to roll on the cooler side of life B-)

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login