J PLATE PASSAT ESTATE HELP!!!

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

brainz
still on the production line
Passat model: b2 gl5 wagon

J PLATE PASSAT ESTATE HELP!!!

Post by brainz »

Hi today after poping to look at some part exchanges at a local garage on the off chance there would be an old vee dub knocking around, there was!!! we wher just about to drive off as all we could see was broken renault scenics and the odd fiat, i noticed a long red roof, YES! a passat! 3 owners on the logbook,130k service stamped to 120k,! £299 in the window looking sorry for its self , mot till october, my m8 went in for the kill and we drove it away for £185, drove fine everything works great, no knocks or rattles and brakes wher good,elec sunroof fine , it didnt have much oil in and it was standing a few weeks, oil light flashing so topped it up, topped water up too, ther was a bit of mayo under the cap, so wiped it and took for a good run, oil stopped up, water stopped up and didnt overheat and no mayo back, but thers a slight hesatating on pulling away and the engine is a bit tickey! WHERE IS BEST TO START? AS IT SOUNDS LIKE TYPEWRITER! ITS A 1800CC INJECTION L MODEL,
problems are...

*sounds tickey :-?
*oil light comes on and off at random :-?

any advice would be greatfully recieved as i dont want to waste cash on it , i have only brought it as a back up wagon so i can do some work to my b2 estate and have it painted and stuff!

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login