Extremely annoyed with flux

Adrian Flux Insurance Services. Up to 15% discount for UK Passats members. See inside this thread for more information/questions/discounts, and quotes. Click on the Banner for a UKPassats quote.
Adrian Flux

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm, ChrisKnottIns

Das Booted
B6

Extremely annoyed with flux

Post by Das Booted »

Well i been with Flux for 14 years now and my partner 5 years after i reccomended them and now wish i hadn't. The car is a v reg 99 bora 110tdi se.

She is a home care worker during the snow yes all those weeks ago 21st of Jan someone hit the side. The damage consists of a beyond repair front door with a difficult dent a rear door with scratches and two thumbnail sized dents apparently this warrents a new door lol and some light scratches to the rear arch. Of course the person did not stop and leave details.

Anyway we reported it the same day as you would we have to chase them the whole time as we rarely hear whats going on My partners phone bill is huge. After chasing an assor came out and took pictures looked over the car and left we then heard nothing for age again chased them they said they had sent the pictures to a garage in redditch that said the damage was alot more (even tho they not seen the car just pictures) claiming it needed two new doors blah blah and that Adrian Flux had only athorised £800 for the work which should cost more like £300 anyway they got back to Adrian Flux and said the damage was more. Then nothing for a week.... Today my partner recieved a message to say they valued the car at £380 plus the £100 excess ie £480.

Firstly where the hell do you another Bora Tdi in working order for that lol.

Secondly as my partners renewal date was a few weeks after the crash we believe they dragged their heels so we renewed with them

Third they rarely listen on the phone and they have said its effected her no claims bonus even tho its protected we have written proof that the £800 damage has effected the insurance so why would they authorise £800 on a car they value far less. I would have thought that if the car is worth say £1000 they would write it off for £800 worth of damage let alone if they valued it a £480.

I know its not gospel but when they ask the value of the car my partner said 2k which they charge more for as i found out when i dropped the estimated value of the passat. I feel they have really dragged this out my partners daughter had an accident the car was collected returned repaired in less than two weeks so why cannot Adrian Flux do the same thing!

Be warned and take heed they value your car far less than you think and your custom even less tomorrow i will be ringing up to complain and i thought you should all know how tricky they are.

Having a quick look on ebay to see what i can buy and the cheapest bora is £750 with 212000 miles there is an exact same as my partners and thats £800 with a broken gearbox
Last edited by Das Booted on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login