Anyone clued up on the Gl5 engines?

The older generation of passats, do you have some tech help for us....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

chriswilliams
B3
Passat model: b5

Anyone clued up on the Gl5 engines?

Post by chriswilliams »

Namely the PCV system and the injector air shroud feed.

Been doing a much needed overhaul on the engine, new injector seals, inserts and sorting the plumbing. The old injector seals were rock hard, nightmare to get out.

Anyway I noticed what I have recently learned is the air feed for the injector shrouds that goes into the head inbetween the injectors, initially baffled me what that feed was for. This feed on my engine goes to the PCV system on top of the rocker cover via a check valve. Issue here is that this will draw in unmetered air not only from blowby but as the PCV vents into the airbox before the metering head, granted pobobly won't be much but still.

ETKA would indicate this is correct but the Haynes workshop manual shows it going to the TB before the throttle plate which makes sense, however my manifold differs slightly as it has less ports than the one illustrated in the manual.

I can juggle stuff about and send the feed that way but should I? I can always trial and error but not running currently as in the process of replacing the fuel lines, another headache, this cars a fighter. Anyone know where that feed should go, or had any dealings with it before?

Cheers

Chris

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login