B2 Topic Hatchback - Maybe For Sale?

The older generation of passats, do you have some tech help for us....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

2 B2s aint enough
still on the production line

B2 Topic Hatchback - Maybe For Sale?

Post by 2 B2s aint enough »

m reluctantly considering parting with my B2 Hatchback affectionately known as Dorothy. I have owned Dorothy for a good many years but unfortunately she has stood unused now for several years. I will have to dig the paperwork out but from memory Im the third owner and it had a full VAG service history up until I brought her. From memory 'Topic's' were special editions towards the end of the B2 production run and benefited from factory fitted Alloys, Sunroof, tinted windows, sports seats and alternative trim as well as been fitted with the 2 litre 5 cylinder engine as per the GL5. I do not want to mislead anyone about this car! I have not started or moved her in a while but will make an effort to put some time aside to do so soon. Dorothy was actually MOT'd when parked up and ran and drove superb but from memory I thought I had experienced some clutch slip in top gear on steep gradients but this was not regular. I had every intention of dropping a new clutch plate in and tidying up the bodywork a bit but I went on to get married! Im not prepared to break the car and Im not desperate to sell I can keep her until maybe I get time to do the work but in the mean time I would consider selling to a like minded enthusiast with the time that I dont have. In brief she has been sitting the clutch may need attention and the bodywork has started to get a bit tatty but its far from rotten. If anyone is interested please PM me.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login